Glad to see your organization is still thriving. You should be so Proud of your achievements!”
Sarah O'Neill - Volunteer from UK
“Last summer I spent 3 weeks with the Mikunguni Youth Development Organization and I still remember every detail. At the time I was 16 and on my way to Zanzibar from England I was worrying that I may have bit on more than I can chew. However it was quite the opposite. Upon landing in Zanzibar I was welcomed by three friendly people from the charity and taken to where I was staying. My temporary family was brilliant and each night cooked an outstanding collection of local foods. The people of Zanzibar are some of the friendliest people I have ever met. I was teaching primary students English and their attitude was great. They were always smiling and despite having 114 of them in one classroom at once they always listened. I would recommend working with this charity to anyone. Zanzibar is a beautiful country with lovely people and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had.” ”
Mydo Zanzibar - Specific Objectives
• To encourage youth participation in solving economic, social, cultural, educational and other humanitarian problems.
• To provide civic education and encourage respect for democracy, human rights and gender equality.
• To combat against HIV/AIDS/STDS, Drug abuse, cholera, malaria and other matters that may arise from time to time.
• To promote partnership with other youth in and outside Zanzibar.
• To organize youth so that they can engage themselves in income generation activities and environmental protection regardless of gender.
• To support vulnerable young people to acquire basic needs to the community.
• To do such things as may be conducive to the attainment of all or any of the foregoing objectives.